Lync 2013 VDI Plug-In
The following are requirements for the virtual machines running on the data center computer:
- Virtual machines must be configured with Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2 with the latest service packs.
- The local computer must be running Windows Embedded Standard 7 with SP1, Windows 7 with SP1, or Windows 8.
- If you are using Remote Desktop Services, the Lync VDI plug-in bitness (that is, whether the application is 32-bit or 64-bit) must match the local computer’s operating system bitness. The bitness of the operating system on the local computer and the operating system on the virtual machine do not need to match. If you are using another virtualization solution or platform, refer to guidance from your virtualization solution provider about bitness requirements.
- The local computer must be running the latest version of the remote desktop client. Install the latest updates of Remote Desktop Services client from Microsoft or the latest remote desktop client software from your virtualization solution provider.
For the latest Remote Desktop Services updates, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268032.
- On the local computer, the remote desktop client settings must be configured so that audio plays on the local computer and remote recording is disabled. To configure these settings for Remote Desktop Connection in Windows, see the next section, “To configure Remote Desktop Connection settings.”
- In Lync Server 2013, ensure that EnableMediaRedirection is set to TRUE for all VDI users.
- On the data center computer, install the Lync 2013 client on all virtual machines.
- On the local computers, install the Lync VDI plug-in.
VDI Plug-In download:
Author: Thomas Pött Managing Consultant Microsoft UC