Meeting Link Migration for Teams in Cross Tenant
Note: both, first user Mailbox/Calendar and Teams must be migrated
A 3rd party tool is required to accomplish a meeting link migration.
With Exchange Mailbox migration, all items, including calendar item will be migrated as they are. Calendar item with a link to a Microsoft Team meeting link back to the original Team meeting in the source tenant. The URL is retained.
A Teams Channel meeting is not recreated in the target tenant. Those meetings must be rescheduled manually by the channel owner.
How it works (e.g. Quest): The meeting link migration task will create a new Team meeting with the original meeting details in the target tenant. It will set the target user as the organizer. The original meeting migrated to the target will be canceled. The cancellation will be automatically sent out to the organizer and recipients.
Before migrating Teams meetings and their respective link, be aware of the limitations from the tools chosen. Additionally, attendees outside your organization also receive cancelations and re-invites. This results in questions/ confusions, if those attendees aren’t informed before the migration occurs.
· The attendee list is not updated to match the target domain.
· A new meeting is only created if the migrating user is the organizer of that particular Team meeting.
· Most 3rd party tools recreate present and future meetings, both one-time and recurring meetings. Meetings that happened in the past are migrated with Calendar migration.
· Meetings recreated on target could result in meeting time zone updates to UTC. This is one of the limitations of the Microsoft Graph API.
· The subsequent runs of the Meeting Link Migration Task will skip the meetings which were previously processed.
· Properties like a flag and categories are not supported with this migration.
The cancellation email will be sent to the mailboxes of target attendees. If mail forwarding from the target to the source is not configured for them, the attendees in the source tenant will not receive the cancellation email. As a result, they will observe both the original meeting, which was cancelled, and the new one, created by the On Demand service.
Mailbox migration with the Migrate Calendar option selected, must be completed before starting this task.